This Advanced Ableton Live course is designed for people who are looking to take the next step in Music Production. In today’s music, original sounds and final polish are an extremely important part of the game, and allow artists to stand out among the crowd.
This Advanced Ableton Live course will show you how to expand your sonic repertoire, and music making abilities, with advanced synthesis concepts and techniques. Delve deep into FM synthesis, advanced sampling, Wavetable synthesis, as well as getting a solid foundation of mixing & mastering tools in Ableton for your masterpieces.
What You’ll Learn:
- Advanced Drum layering and stacking – Learn how to create those big and unique drum sounds. See proper techniques to make your drums stand out.
- FM synthesis with Operator – Discover the power of FM synthesis with Ableton’s robust Operator synth
- Wavetable Synthesis with Wavetable – Learn the ins & outs of wavetable synthesis with Ableton’s powerful new Wavetable synth.
- Creating custom patches with Sampler – Learn how to get more out of samples with Simpler’s big brother Sampler.
- Combining instruments with Instrument Racks to make huge and complex sounds – See proper stacking techniques to create big, complex, and evolving sounds that cut through the mix.
- How to best use original sounds in music creation
- Composing with MIDI and Audio Effects – Sometimes traditional means of music creation fall short. Learn how to utilize Ableton’s arpeggiator as well as Max for Live’s Mono sequencer & Buffer Shuffler to come up with novel ideas and techniques.
- Creative mixing techniques in Ableton Live.
- Introduction to Mastering – Learn how to get that final gloss on your tracks in Ableton Live to get it ready for release.
Your instructor on this course is Michael Hatsis, who wrote and developed it from 10 years of delivering Ableton at the highest level in NYC.